/

Happy Mother's Day

Annie Lane on

"Men are what their mothers made them." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars." -- E.M. Forster

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington

"The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation." -- James E. Faust

"A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest." -- Irish proverb

"Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not." -- James Joyce

"My mother said the cure for thinking too much about yourself was helping somebody who was worse off than you." -- Sylvia Plath, "The Bell Jar"

"Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don't mean a thing." -- Toni Morrison

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Rudyard Kipling

"The simple path: Silence is prayer, prayer is faith, faith is love, love is service, the fruit of service is peace." -- Mother Teresa

Motherhood is amazing, really challenging, miraculous and everything in between. So hold onto each moment.

========

"How Can I Forgive My Cheating Partner?" is out now! Annie Lane's second anthology -- featuring favorite columns on marriage, infidelity, communication and reconciliation -- is available as a paperback and e-book. Visit http://www.creatorspublishing.com for more information. Send your questions for Annie Lane to dearannie@creators.com.

Rugrats Adam Zyglis Gary McCoy Crankshaft Daddy's Home Jerry King Cartoons