I'm a 20-something single woman. I just moved to a new city where I don't know anybody. I'd like to meet people, but I work from home, and I'm pretty shy. The idea of having to earn people's acceptance in a new environment (and possibly making a mess of it) leaves me tempted to stay home with Netflix and my cat.
To be human is ...Read more
During a more reflective turn in a procrastination-filled afternoon, I decided to ask my friends to describe how they saw me. It was a little horrifying.
Now, there's bias because they are my friends, so all the descriptions were flattering, but what pulled my mind through a cheese grater was that the ways in which they described me were not at...Read more
Inside Life Advice
- Barton Goldsmith: How to make your relationship more interesting
- Barton Goldsmith: The emotional cost of living in the world today
- Barton Goldsmith: Tips for 21st century parenting
- Barton Goldsmith: Honoring your father
- Erika Ettin: What are you doing on Thursday? The new online dating app that is trying to change the game