/

Happy Mother's Day

Annie Lane on

Dear Readers: Happy Mother's Day! Below are some beautiful quotes and tributes written about mothers.

Dear Annie: My mother is the voice of all reason. Any time I am facing a difficult decision, I go straight to her with the confidence of knowing I am getting smart, rational, helpful advice. Her unconditional love and support have given me the fearlessness to take risks and put myself in situations that are new and, at times, uncomfortable. I really look up to my mom, and I hope to one day embody the work ethic, the love and the enthusiasm for life that she has modeled for me since I was a child. -- Grateful Daughter

Dear Annie: My mother was not a "traditional mother." I can assure you there were no milk and cookies waiting for me and my sister after school. But through her hard work and tough love she taught me that I could do and be anything in the world. She gave me strong roots to depend on and wings to fly out of the nest. -- Thankful

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." -- Unknown

"To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow." -- Maya Angelou

"If I look back at everything I've done in life, you're easily the best thing I've ever created." -- Unknown

"Being a mama can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you." -- Unknown

"We are born of love; love is our mother." -- Rumi

"A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." -- Victor Hugo

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln

Non Sequitur Andy Capp Diamond Lil Bill Bramhall 1 and Done Clay Bennett