Life Advice



Ask Amy: Abusive ex-husband now wants to share cabin

Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

– R

Dear R: You should call the police, and a lawyer. Consider a restraining order and filing charges. Cut off all personal contact with this man.

You don’t note whether your investment in this property involved you actually co-owning it with your name on the deed, or whether it was a more casual arrangement with you contributing half of the cost of the property.

You should gather any documentation regarding money you spent on this cabin and – working with a lawyer – see if there is a way for you to recover any or all of it.

Dear Amy: We are in the middle of a parenting conflict with my wife’s sister and her husband.

Both families – theirs and ours – have two children between the ages 3 and 6.


My wife and I run a tight ship. They don’t.

We value manners and respect, while they value freedom of expression.

We have tolerated these other values, but over the years we have seen their behavior affect our children’s and our happiness to the point where we limit contact with them.

Recently, we told them that while they are entitled to raise their children as they wish, it’s our choice whether we want to be a part of it.


swipe to next page



Dog Eat Doug David M. Hitch Bizarro 1 and Done Al Goodwyn Working it Out