Life Advice



Ask Amy: Molester in family should be outed to protect children

Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

– Worried

Dear Worried: You two should meet with an experienced accountant, who would review your finances calmy and openly and help him arrive at a reasonable plan to prioritize his financial issues and start to deal with them.

A third neutral party can often make headway where a partner cannot, and can also help to negotiate settlements with creditors.

Your guy needs to understand that taking care of his finances is a caring and kind thing to do – it is an extension of his willingness to be a fully-functioning partner.

No, do not marry into this mess. If people ask about marriage, you can simply say, “We haven’t decided.”



(You can email Amy Dickinson at or send a letter to Ask Amy, P.O. Box 194, Freeville, NY 13068. You can also follow her on Twitter @askingamy or Facebook.)

©2021 Amy Dickinson. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.




Aunty Acid Macanudo Bizarro Cul de Sac Arctic Circle Bob Gorrell