(UPI) A pair of volunteer animal rescuers in Idaho rescued a dog from a steep cliff after the canine was stranded for at least five days.
Dave Wright, a volunteer with Jerome-based Friends Furever Animal Rescue, said he was having his morning coffee Oct. 13 when he saw a Facebook post about a Great Pyrenees dog stranded on a cliff near Bliss.
DENVER -- At a recent conference here, Denver and Colorado public health officials recounted their scariest hemp CBD manufacturing stories to a packed hotel ballroom.
There was the woman who was making hemp oil in her kitchen crockpot and selling it online. The manufacturing facility with no sinks for workers to wash their hands. The facility ...Read more
(UPI) A "very fast goat" that managed to evade law enforcement for an entire day and night was captured by Alaska State Troopers with the help of some bystanders.
Fairbanks Animal Control posted a photo of the running goat Monday on Facebook along with a plea for the animal's owner to come forward and help catch the "very fast goat," which the ...Read more
(UPI) A surprised customer at an Australian restaurant recorded video of a pelican casually wandering into the eatery and patiently getting in line.
Jack Simpson captured video at the Cargo's Wharf Restaurant in Kiama, New South Wales, when a pelican walked in through the door and joined the crowd in line.
The pelican got out of line after a ...Read more
Q: My kids' Halloween candy sits around the house for weeks. Sometimes the kids share it with the dog; other times the dog steals candy that's not hidden. I know chocolate is toxic to dogs. Is there anything else I should remove from the Halloween haul?
A: You are right that chocolate, which contains theobromine and caffeine, is toxic to dogs. ...Read more
Surgeon explains at home fix for dark spots
and uneven skin tones on skin...
(UPI) A family out fishing on a Montana lake made an unusual catch in their net when they spotted a bobcat struggling to stay afloat in the water.
Bob Hereford said he was fishing with his son, Brett Hereford, and his wife on Flathead Lake when they spotted a bobcat appearing to have trouble swimming far from shore.
Hereford said his son used ...Read more
(UPI) Guinness World Records announced a 50-year-old sloth living in a German zoo is officially the oldest-known member of her species.
The record-keeping organization said Paula, a two-toed sloth, was caught wild in South America and was estimated to be at least 2 years old when she was brought to the Halle Zoo in Saxony-Anhalt in 1971.
(UPI) Animal rescuers in Wisconsin came to the assistance of a raccoon found with an aluminum can stuck over its head.
The Wildlife In Need Center in Oconomowoc said the raccoon was captured by Humane Animal Welfare Society personnel and brought to the center for assistance Monday.
Staff sedated the raccoon and they were able to pull the can ...Read more
(UPI) Authorities in Utah came to the rescue of a 190-pound dog that suffered from exhaustion during a hike in the Salt Lake City area.
The Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue Team said 3-year-old Floyd the mastiff was hiking the Grandeur Peak trail Sunday with his owner when he became too exhausted to descend the trail.
(UPI) A sled dog team out for a training session in Montana bucked its owner and ended up leading police on a low-speed chase.
Jen Mignard, of Billings, said she was preparing her dog team for a mushing competition at Norm's Island in south Billings when her sled tipped over and the team ran off without her.
"My sled dog team dumped me at Norm...Read more
(UPI) An England woman is asking members of the public to keep an eye out for her "part wild" Savannah cat, a hybrid of an African serval and a domestic cat.
Laura Page said the 4-foot-long cat is not a danger to the public, but he is easily frightened and will run when approached.
Page said the cat, which is about the size of a medium-sized ...Read more
The At Home Fix That Is Like A Power Wash
For Your Gut Lining...
(UPI) A Florida man said a bear came inside his home through a sliding glass door while he was upstairs, and he didn't realize his home had been visited until later.
Shawn Warley said he noticed a paw print on his sliding glass door after working upstairs for a while at his Apopka home.
Warley said his son found objects in disarray so they ...Read more
(UPI) A 14-year-old toy fox terrier was reunited with its Florida owner in Pittsburgh after being missing for 12 years.
Dutchess got loose on Feb. 28, 2007, from her home in Boca Raton.
Katheryn Strang took two days to make the drive to Pittsburgh for the reunion at Humane Animal Rescue's shelter on Friday.
"Dutchess," Strang said to workers ...Read more
(UPI) A Florida wildlife sanctuary said a female lion was tranquilized after escaping her enclosure through a gate that had been left open by a volunteer.
The Endangered Animal Rescue Sanctuary in Marion County said the 16-year-old lioness, named Venus, escaped Wednesday when a volunteer accidentally left a gate open at the facility.
The ...Read more
(UPI) A Missouri city is taking an unusual approach to the problem of un-scooped dog droppings: planting little flags next to abandoned poop with slogans such as, "Is this your turd? 'Cuz that's absurd."
The city of Springfield is placing the flags in grassy areas downtown next to piles of dog poop left behind by owners out walking their pets. ...Read more
(UPI) Animal rescuers in Britain came to the assistance of a fox that was found at a storage facility with its head stuck in the middle of an old tire.
The RSPCA said Inspector Alan Barnes was dispatched to the storage center in Bristol, England, when workers at the facility found the fox with its head stuck in a tire Oct. 4.
"The tire had ...Read more
(UPI) An Arizona fire crew was summoned to a resident's home where a dog had found a hole in a wall and managed to get its head stuck in it.
Mesa Fire & Medical said Engine 216 responded to the home and found the dog's snout sticking out from a small opening in the bottom of the stucco wall.
The crew was summoned by neighbors who heard the...Read more
Beverly Hills surgeon explains at-home fix
for improving aging skin...
Q: I usually walk my golden retriever, Jake, on a retractable leash, which we both love. Our local park requires dogs to be on leashes no longer than 6 feet and bans the use of retractable leashes. Would you give me some ammunition so I can convince them to change their policy?
A: Sorry, I can't. Retractable leashes are dangerous for dogs -- ...Read more
(UPI) A Pittsburgh woman who detected a burning odor and heard a strange noise while driving her car looked under the hood and discovered a squirrel had stashed grass and more than 200 walnuts on top of her engine.
Holly Persic said she hadn't looked under the hood of her car since an inspection about a month before she discovered the squirrel'...Read more
(UPI) A dog that went missing from a Northern California home was found four years later -- and more than 400 miles away.
The Riverside County Department of Animal Services said an 8-year-old German shepherd named Kimber was found wandering loose by a member of the public in Fontana.
Kimber's owner was identified as a man from Grass Valley, ...Read more