/

Using Manners Can Look Very Similar To 'being Handled'

Judith Martin, Nicholas Ivor Martin and Jacobina Martin on

Meanwhile, the group decided to spend another session discussing that same book because there was so much left unsaid. My sister is assuming she will be joining again.

I do not feel comfortable with her returning, since I feel she is unpredictable at this point. I am trying to find a way to express this to her in a way that maintains our relationship.

No one in the group said anything to me about her behavior, and for that I was grateful. But how can I tell her it's best if she does not join again?

GENTLE READER: Some clubs have the rule that a member can only bring a particular guest once, unless that person is a candidate to become a member. If yours does not have such a rule, Miss Manners suggests your proposing one that you can then report to your sister.

========

(Please send your questions to Miss Manners at her website, www.missmanners.com; to her email, dearmissmanners@gmail.com; or through postal mail to Miss Manners, Andrews McMeel Syndication, 1130 Walnut St., Kansas City, MO 64106.)

COPYRIGHT 2021 JUDITH MARTIN

DISTRIBUTED BY ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION

COPYRIGHT 2021 JUDITH MARTIN

Steve Kelley Scott Stantis Pickles The Lockhorns Reply All Shoe