/

Love Letters and More for Valentine's Day

Annie Lane on

Dear Readers: Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day. I hope it is filled with lots of love, laughter and joy. Below are some famous quotes about love.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love." -- William Shakespeare

"If I should think of love / I'd think of you, your arms uplifted, / Tying your hair in plaits above, / The lyre shape of your arms and shoulders, / The soft curve of your winding head. / No melody is sweeter, nor could Orpheus / So have bewitched. I think of this, / And all my universe becomes perfection. / But were you in my arms, dear love, / The happiness would take my breath away, / No thought could match that ecstasy, / No song encompass it, no other worlds. / If I should think of love, / I'd think of you." -- William Shakespeare

"Love is the whole thing. We are only the pieces." -- Rumi

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." -- Robert Frost

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you ... I could walk through my garden forever." -- Alfred Tennyson

"The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." -- Rumi

"Where there is love there is life." -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -- Lao Tzu

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." -- Charles M. Schulz

Rose is Rose Pat Bagley Mallard Fillmore Noodle Scratchers Pedro X. Molina Barney Google And Snuffy Smith