MIAMI -- Tropical Storm Sebastien has formed in the Atlantic's open waters as this year's hurricane season nears its end.
The storm is about 275 miles northeast of the Leeward Islands and was moving nearly 8 mph Tuesday morning, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Sebastien has maximum sustained winds near 45 mph with higher gusts, and...Read more
LOS ANGELES -- For the first time in two weeks, dangerous fire weather is forecast to return to Southern California on Sunday as dry, strong Santa Ana winds -- with gusts of up to 50 mph -- are expected to return from the desert.
Red flag warnings will be in place Sunday for a broad stretch of Southern California, from Ventura County through ...Read more
MINNEAPOLIS -- A snowfall of a mere one-tenth of an inch caused way more than its share of damaged cars and rattled drivers early Saturday, with 118 crashes reported between 6 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., according to the Minnesota State Patrol.
Another 22 vehicles spun out or slid off the slick roads, said State Patrol spokesman Lt. Gordon Shank.
No ...Read more
Tropical Storm Olga lost steam in the Gulf of Mexico and was downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone early Saturday morning, while Tropical Storm Pablo churning in the northeast Atlantic is expected to meet a similar fate, according to the National Hurricane Center.
Olga dissipated overnight with no coastal watches or warnings in effect, the NHC ...Read more
- 'We got lucky. … It could've been worse:' Forecaster says snow could return but worst of storm is behind Chicago
- Watch out for falling iguanas! Weather service issues alert for southern Florida
- A little snow causes a big mess, more than 100 crashes on Minnesota roads
- Winter heat having odd effect on Outer Banks wild horses
- Flights resume at Fort Lauderdale's airport after