Pope Francis was taken to a hospital in Rome Sunday afternoon for a scheduled surgery, the Vatican announced.
The 84-year-old pontiff is undergoing surgery for symptomatic diverticular stenosis of the colon, during which small bulges or sacs form from the wall of the large intestine. If left untreated and allowed to become more severe, ...Read more
Rabbi Michael Perice told his Burlington County, N.J., congregation Monday that he has been in recovery from opioid addiction for 10 years and hopes to help lift the stigma on people experiencing substance abuse disorder or other mental health challenges.
Perice, 35, of Philadelphia, made the disclosure during a Zoom call with more than 80 ...Read more
Rick Warren’s announcement on June 6 that he plans to step away from his role as lead pastor at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California, raises the issue of succession in evangelical megachurches. It’s a fraught process, complete with cautionary tales from other congregations.
First, we should appreciate the scale of Warren’s ...Read more
- Years into attorney general investigation of Maryland's Catholic Church, abuse survivors wonder where it stands
- Light Notes: Your name? There may be more to it than you imagined
- Black Muslims: Finding community and faith in South LA
- Luz del Mundo church leader's trial pushed back to May
- After evacuating, they rang in the Jewish New Year in the middle of a wildfire