Tone Down the Tambourine
1. Am I making an assumption or dealing with facts?
2. Will my decision protect me from harm?
3. Will it let me avoid an unwanted conflict?
4. Will it let me reach a goal?
5. Will I feel the way I want?
Also, I have learned that people are afraid of making a mistake. There are two basic kinds of errors -- errors of omission or commission. -- Helpful Questions I Ask Myself and Patients
Dear Helpful: Thank you for these very helpful decision-making questions. I love hearing from professionals and having you share your wisdom of 55 years of practice.
"Ask Me Anything: A Year of Advice From Dear Annie" is out now! Annie Lane's debut book -- featuring favorite columns on love, friendship, family and etiquette -- is available as a paperback and e-book. Visit http://www.creatorspublishing.com for more information. Send your questions for Annie Lane to email@example.com.