/

Ask Amy: Young parents tangle over custody

Dear Amy: My youngest son "Thomas" dated "Allyssa" sporadically during high school.

It was a volatile relationship (he's non-confrontational, she loves drama).

Allyssa became pregnant at the end of his senior year (her junior year).

He took a paternity test to confirm that he was the father. They managed to work out visitation (nothing legal).

Thomas has "Trent" three days a week (overnight). Trent is now 10 months old. Thomas loves him so much.

The problem is that every time Thomas starts dating someone, Allyssa starts using the baby as a pawn.

She doesn't want her son to be around another girl, and makes up terrible lies about the girl as reasons to keep the baby away.

When Thomas tries to keep a good friendship between him and Allyssa for the baby's sake, Allyssa thinks he wants to resume their romance.

When she doesn't get what she wants, it's total drama. I know a lot of this is immaturity, but she also has an unhealthy obsession with my son.

She has been in therapy, but says it is only to please her mother.

Curtis Marshall Ramsey Jeff Koterba Barney Google And Snuffy Smith David Fitzsimmons Rubes