Three months after hurricanes forced the evacuation of Barbuda, only 350 people -- or less than 20 percent of the population -- have returned to the tiny Caribbean island.
Hurricane Irma struck on Sept. 6, littering the 62-square-mile island with mangled metal, shattered glass and crushed household goods. Most homes were damaged or destroyed.
SAN FRANCISCO -- California's dismally dry autumn paints a bleak outlook for the state's rainy season, unless the weather this winter makes a big about-face.
The situation is a major turnaround from last year, when Northern California was battered by a series of "atmospheric river" storms that helped end the state's five-year drought. When it ...Read more
- Storm brings record rainfall, little damage to Southern California. But the worst may be yet to come
- Santa Barbara awakens to emergency alert as storm soaks Southern California
- Powerful East Coast storm kills 9, triggers coastal flooding and leaves millions without power
- Battered by fires and floods, beleaguered Montecito braces for more potential destruction
- California's fire-scarred communities brace for biggest storm of the season