Grab fresh cod from your favorite farmers market and run home to make this delicious dinner!
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 large egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus lemon wedges
4 (6-ounce) skinless cod fillets, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a cooling rack inside the baking sheet. Spray rack with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add panko, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often with rubber spatula, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Transfer panko mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in parsley and let cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, egg yolk, and lemon zest.
4. Use paper towels to pat fish dry. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top of each fillet.
5. Working with 1 fillet at a time, coat the top of each fillet with panko mixture. Place fillets, crumb side up, on greased rack in baking sheet.
6. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake until fish registers 145 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Remove baking sheet from oven. Place baking sheet on a second cooling rack. Serve fish with lemon wedges.
(For 25 years, home cooks have relied on America’s Test Kitchen for rigorously tested recipes developed by professional test cooks and vetted by 60,000 at-home recipe testers. The family of brands — which includes Cook’s Illustrated, Cook’s Country, and America’s Test Kitchen Kids — offers reliable recipes for cooks of all ages and skill levels. See more online at www.americastestkitchen.com/TCA.)
©2022 America’s Test Kitchen. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.