You’ll love these sweet and savory roasted carrots a whole bunch!
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh carrot tops, cilantro, mint or parsley (optional)
1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Trim green tops from carrots, leaving about 1 inch of greens attached; set greens aside and save for garnish or another use. Peel carrots and transfer to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, combine oil, salt, paprika, pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder and cayenne (if using). Stir mixture until combined.
4. Drizzle oil mixture over carrots. Use your hands to toss and rub carrots until evenly coated. Spread carrots into an even layer on the baking sheet. Cover the baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack. Remove foil. Use tongs to flip carrots over.
6. Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue to roast, uncovered, until the thick ends of the carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack and let carrots cool for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer carrots to a serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped carrot tops or herbs (if using). Serve.
(For 25 years, home cooks have relied on America’s Test Kitchen for rigorously tested recipes developed by professional test cooks and vetted by 60,000 at-home recipe testers. The family of brands — which includes Cook’s Illustrated, Cook’s Country, and America’s Test Kitchen Kids — offers reliable recipes for cooks of all ages and skill levels. See more online at www.americastestkitchen.com/TCA.)
©2021 America’s Test Kitchen. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.