Kids can help make this Mother's Day recipe extra special
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) milk
1 cup (3 ounces) old-fashioned rolled oats
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons sugar
Vegetable oil spray
1. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Peel bananas and place in medium bowl. Mash bananas well with large fork or potato masher.
3. Add milk and oats to bananas and whisk until combined. Let sit until oats are softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs, oil and sugar to bowl with banana mixture and whisk until well combined.
5. Add banana mixture to flour mixture. Whisk until just combined.
6. Spray skillet with vegetable oil spray and heat over medium heat until hot, about 1 minute. Use a 1/4-cup dry measuring cup to scoop 3 portions of batter into skillet.
7. Cook pancakes until first side is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plates. Repeat steps 6 and 7 with remaining batter in four batches.
(For 25 years, confident cooks in the know have relied on America's Test Kitchen for rigorously tested recipes developed by professional test cooks and vetted by 60,000 at-home recipe testers. See more online at www.americastestkitchen.com/TCA.)