/

Thoughts on Thankfulness

Annie Lane on

Dear Readers: Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving! Today and always, may we take a moment to appreciate all that we have and are thankful for in our lives. To help celebrate, here are some of my favorite quotes about gratitude:

"Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving." -- Amy Grant

"Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind." -- Lionel Hampton

"Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer." -- Maya Angelou

"Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience." -- Roy T. Bennett

"The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we all can agree so vehemently about? I don't think so." -- Nora Ephron

"To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven." -- Johannes A. Gaertner

"Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other." -- Randy Pausch

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." -- Epicurus

"We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives." -- John F. Kennedy

Dick Wright John Branch A.F. Branco Bart van Leeuwen Arctic Circle Archie