Life Advice



Ask Amy: Parents want to give daughter a nudge

Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

– Lacking in Love

Dear Lacking: Your wife should definitely consult with an ob/gyn.

Loss of libido for women can be related to a number of physical factors, and there are treatments available to mitigate these age-related changes.

I hope you can understand, however, what a loss this is for your wife. Losing your desire can be profoundly sad; it can also make you forget what having desire felt like, making it challenging to pursue treatment.

While you work on this, find ways to be physically close – without having sex.

If your wife doesn’t feel the pressure to have intercourse, being intimate with you should help to draw you two closer.

Dear Amy: I have to thank you for putting words to what I have felt in my own life, as the survivor of an abusive household.

“Adult survivors … don’t know what ‘script’ to follow.”


That’s me.

– Grateful for Insight

Dear Grateful: I hope you can write your own script – with a healthy and happy ending.


(You can email Amy Dickinson at or send a letter to Ask Amy, P.O. Box 194, Freeville, NY 13068. You can also follow her on Twitter @askingamy or Facebook.)

©2022 Amy Dickinson. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.




Archie For Heaven's Sake 9 Chickweed Lane Bob Englehart Andy Capp Cul de Sac