/

Ask Amy: ‘Best of’ column concerns workplace harassment

Dear Readers: Every year I step away from my column briefly to work on other creative projects. (Anyone interested in my personal essays and photographs can subscribe to my free newsletter: amydickinson.substack.com).

I’ll be back next week. Today’s “Best of” topic from 10 years ago concerns workplace sexual harassment.

Dear Amy: I have been working off and on as a freelance consultant for a nonprofit organization.

I work from a home office and take occasional meetings with employees of the nonprofit. I also meet with clients.

Recently the organization hired a new director; I was working as a consultant on a project for the organization at the time.

Soon after his hiring, the new director asked to have lunch with me.

The new director and I went to a nearby restaurant to talk about possible future projects, etc.

At the end of the luncheon, as we were saying goodbye on the curb outside the restaurant, I reached my hand out to shake his.

Suddenly, he pulled me toward him and kissed me full on the lips.

I was so shocked that I said a weak goodbye and left him standing there.

Dana Summers Daddy Daze Bart van Leeuwen Dinette Set Dave Whamond Hi and Lois