Each of the following clues describes two words. One of the words is a type of fish. The other word is that fish with one of the following changes: a letter added anywhere (eel reel), a letter deleted anywhere (carp cap), a letter changed anywhere (shark spark). There is no rearrangement of the other letters. No fish is used more than once.
1) This is a metallic fish.
2) This is a medical fish.
3) This is a frozen fish.
4) This is a fish that removes chaff from grain.
5) This is a fish that sinks.
6) This is a musical instrument that is played by a fish in a marching band.
7) This is clothing for a fish.
8) This is what you get when you cross a fish with a dog.
9) This is where a fish can drink liquor.
10) This is a long scarf worn by a fish.
11) This is a jogging gait of a fish.
12) This is a cart for a fish.
1) brass bass
2) surgeon sturgeon
3) cold cod
4) winnow minnow
5) founder flounder
6) tuna tuba
7) gar garb
8) guppy puppy
9) salmon saloon
10) sole stole
11) trout trot
12) ray dray
Today's brain teaser courtesy of Braingle.com.