/

Celebrating Mothers and Their Enduring Love

Annie Lane on

Dear Readers: Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day. Below are some beautiful quotes to enjoy on Mother's Day.

"We are born of love; love is our mother." -- Rumi

"To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow." -- Maya Angelou

"I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars." -- E. M. Forster

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." -- Abraham Lincoln

"I remember my mother's prayers, and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Over the years, I learned so much from mom. She taught me about the importance of home and history and family and tradition. She also taught me that aging need not mean narrowing the scope of your activities and interests or a diminution of the great pleasures to be had in the everyday." -- Martha Stewart

"Sons are the anchors of a mother's life." -- Sophocles

"The best place to cry is on a mother's arms." -- Jodi Picoult

Andy Capp Mallard Fillmore Jeff Danziger Between Friends Al Goodwyn Curtis