/

Ask Amy: Friend wants bestie to leave boyfriend

Dear Amy: I hate my best friend's boyfriend.

I met my “Shari” in high school. We have been inseparable ever since. Back then, she was outgoing, radiated confidence, was down to earth, and nothing ever bothered her.

Since she began her relationship with “Stephan,” she is a completely different person.

She is unsure of herself, has no confidence, and she now has frequent anxiety attacks. I attribute all of this to Stephan. She complains about him a lot.

When I first met him, I was in his corner, but the more I hung out with him, the more red flags I saw. He isn't motivated, has no goals, and is an alcoholic. Shari also noticed all of these things.

Stephan got so drunk the night before my wedding that he forgot to drop off the liquor and food at the venue for the next day.

At the wedding, he got drunk and left right after dinner. Later, Shari went to the hotel room she paid for and found that she wasn't able to get in.

Stephan had put the security lock on the door so not even the hotel staff could access the room for her.

Shari stayed with me and my new husband the night of our wedding. She was upset and embarrassed.

Stephan has still not apologized to us for his actions, and I have not seen him since.

Carpe Diem Ginger Meggs Daddy Daze BC Crabgrass Daddy's Home