/

Ask Amy: Elder man wants to shelve wife for younger model

I really want out of my marriage, but I don't want to lose my family.

This decision is very hard for me because I really care for her. I think I’ve fallen in love! She has told me she feels the same way, and also says she wants to have a baby with me.

I’m very confused and would really like your advice.

– Lost in Love

Dear Lost: First this: I guarantee that you will not like my advice.

Where to begin? Let’s start with your marriage. If you want to end it, then end it – as cleanly and ethically as possible.

Ditching your wife for the empty promise of an online affair is a rotten, cowardly, low-down way out. If you choose this path, you will lose the esteem of your family. I doubt that your sons will accept your choice to be with a phantom woman a decade younger than they are.

Onto this affair. Do an internet search for the term “catfish.”

Briefly stated, a catfish is an online romance scam where scammers – many from very remote locations – prey on lonely, bored, or broken people.

A romance scammer will run out a relationship for many months – sometimes years – in order to extract an emotional and/or financial payoff.

Dennis the Menace Cathy BC Andy Capp Andy Marlette Mike Peters