/

Ask Amy: Wedding funds hinge on hair color

Given that they’ve opened the floodgates, I agree that you and your fiancé should re-plan your wedding to one that reflects the two of you and which you can afford.

His parents have some work to do to repair the hurt they’ve caused. In my view, this would take more than texted apologies.

I hope you will be open to their efforts to make things right, but the burden is on them to do so.

Dear Amy: For the last 19 years, my husband and I have hosted out-of-town guests (my stepson and daughter-in-law) for the entire Thanksgiving week.

I am now 77 and my husband is 81 years old.

We are tired.

While we can still handle Thanksgiving dinner, the prospect of having guests the entire week is exhausting.

These guests see the week as their “vacation,” and my daughter-in-law, who is 60 years old, has never made a turkey in her life, so she has no clue as to the amount of work involved.

We have been told that they will be visiting again for the entire week this Thanksgiving. How do we handle this?

– Exhausted and Worn Out

John Deering RJ Matson Monte Wolverton Pedro X. Molina Bill Bramhall Joel Pett