A spoonerism is a pair of words that can have their initial sounds switched to form new words. The pairs need only sound the same, not necessarily be spelled the same (power saw & sour paw, horse cart & coarse heart). There may sometimes be one or two connecting words (kick the stone & stick the cone, king of the rats & ring of the cats). Given the following definitions, what are the spoonerisms?
1) a circular depression & a part for a canine actor
2) a container for an alcoholic beverage & an insignificant insect
3) a container for a container & the bottom of a coffin
4) a cunning wolf relative & insect foot coverings
1) round hole & hound role
2) beer mug & mere bug
3) basket case & casket base
4) sly fox & fly socks
Today's brain teaser courtesy of Braingle.com.