Each of the following clues describes two words. One of the words is a type of flower. The other word is that flower with one of the following changes: a letter added anywhere (tall stall), a letter deleted anywhere (statice static), a letter changed anywhere (supine lupine). There is no rearrangement of the other letters. No flower is used more than once.
1) This is a sly flower.
2) This is an abusive flower.
3) This is a quicker flower.
4) This is a lively flower.
5) This flower is a bird.
6) This flower is held in servitude to work off a debt.
7) This is what a flower uses for smelling.
8) These are thick earthenware pots made from a flower.
9) This is a lid made from a flower.
10) This is a liquor made from a flower.
11) This is a raised platform for a flower.
12) These are kitchen utensils for a flower.
1) wily lily
2) violent violet
3) faster aster
4) peppy poppy
5) ibis iris
6) peon peony
7) rose nose
8) crocus crocks
9) clover cover
10) mum rum
11) daisy dais
12) pansy pans
Today's brain teaser courtesy of Braingle.com.