Senior Living / ArcaMax

Social Security Q&A: Can I get benefits beyond SSI?

Question: I am getting Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Can I get other kinds of help? Answer: You may be able to get other assistance. For example, in most states, SSI recipients also get Medicaid. You should contact your medical assistance office. Also, SSI recipients are sometimes eligible for social services provided by the state, city, or county where they live. These may include arrangements for meals or transportation. SSI recipients also may qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as SNAP, or "food stamps," in many states. More information is available at your local public assistance office. Question: My grandmother receives Supplemental Security...

Video Headlines

Instagram Celebs On Gay Fatherhood LIVE
Everything We Need To Know About Sleep
Healthy Foods With Hidden Sodium
House Committee Invites Witness To Go On Anti-Gay Rant

Senior Living Features

Senior Living Columnist