Recently a survey undertaken by alcohol.org identified the two NFL fan bases that consume the most alcohol.
Duh. We could have saved the nice folks from alcohol.org a lot of money on No. 2 pencils, graph paper and clipboards. Here's guessing you could have, as well.
The drinkingest fans belong to the Oakland Raiders and New Orleans Saints.
New Orleans would be no surprise to anyone who has spent enough time drinking in the French Quarter to know that the second hurricane is always a mistake.
Oakland is a natural for other reasons. We present 5:
1. One winning record in the past 16 seasons
2. Ten head coaches in the past 16 seasons
3. "With the first pick of the 2007 draft, the Raiders select JaMarcus Russell."
4. "We must be the dumbest team in America in terms of playing the game."
5. A fellow in face paint and/or a stuffy gorilla suit needs a bit of sustenance now and then.