20. Packers 6-6 (22). Aaron Rodgers is back on the practice field, and the Packers are holding out hope he can make a difference before the season ends.
21. Jets 5-7 (23). Josh McCown passed for 331 yards as the Jets hung on to beat the Chiefs. The 38-year-old keeps playing well.
22. Redskins 5-7 (14). After a crushing defeat in Dallas, questions about coach Jay Gruden are looming, but injuries have really hit them hard.
23. Cardinals 5-7 (20). Larry Fitzgerald, 34, keeps putting up big numbers with 82 catches for 878 yards and five touchdowns.
24. Dolphins 5-7 (24). Five-game losing streak ended as they pounded the Broncos behind Jay Cutler and running back Kenyan Drake.
25. Buccaneers 4-8 (25). Jameis Winston played well in his return from a right shoulder injury but was sacked seven times in an overtime loss in Green Bay.
26. Texans 4-8 (26). They had six players leave with injuries and not return in Sunday's loss to the Titans. It has been that kind of year for coach Bill O'Brien.
27. 49ers 2-10 (31). Jimmy Garoppolo was so smooth in his first start against the Bears, it's a wonder the coaches waited so long to turn to him.
28. Broncos 3-9 (28). It's worth wondering if coach Vance Joseph will be one and done. They've lost eight straight.
29. Bears 3-9 (27). They have 16 first downs in the last two games. To put that in perspective, the Patriots are averaging 24.8 per game.
30. Colts 3-9 (29). Andrew Luck is reportedly seeking treatment for his injured right shoulder in Europe. Good thing it's a long way off until training camp.
31. Giants 2-10 (30). GM Jerry Reese and coach Ben McAdoo have been fired, so, yes, Big Blue is on to 2018.
32. Browns 0-12 (32). They didn't waste any time getting Josh Gordon involved as he was targeted 13 times and produced four catches for 85 yards in the loss to the Chargers.
(c)2017 Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.