Feeling guilty for unfriending a braggart on Facebook

Hi, Carolyn:

In an insecure and jealous moment, I unfriended the husband, a nice man, of a more-or-less friend of mine; "frenemy" might be too strong here. She lives a charmed life by every account, and ONCE AGAIN was going to hang with her L.A.-area besties from years past at one woman's luxury digs in Mexico. He posted how "proud and happy" he was that she had this great group of friends to hang with after all these years blah blah blah.

I want to hurl when spouses go on glowingly about each other on Facebook, so I just -- snapped(ish) and unfriended him.

My life is not even close to theirs. They have a longtime marriage, money, great jobs, nice house, take awesome vacations, and I am divorced, haven't dated in years, not rolling in money, but have many blessings, it's true.

But she is not the nicest person in the world, and never acknowledges her many blessings and advantages. She is the opposite of humble. So, yes, it was a weak moment for me.

Sponsored Video Stories from LifeZette

A while back I saw them together, and I think he knows I unfriended him. He looked at me in a strange way. Should I write him a note and apologize, and tell him why? Forget the whole thing? I see them both from time to time. Any advice?

-- Facebook Blunderer

I'm sure there's a more nuanced or complicated answer to be written here, but you don't really like these people much, so don't bother with any efforts at remediation. Sounds like blocking the maybe-frenemy would have a peace-of-mind dividend, too.

I mean, it's Facebook unfriending, not TPing their yard.

Zack Hill Agnes Master Strokes: Golf Tips Working it Out Ask Shagg Nick Anderson