/

Annie's Mailbox: No Life Without Wife

Dear Annie: I am 50 years old. After 10 years of marriage, I feel I must tell my wife of the reason for my declining ability to perform in the bedroom.

After three months without intimacy, she requested that I see a doctor and I agreed to do so. However, what she doesn't know is that in order to have a marriage with this wonderful woman, I have been suppressing my desire to cross-dress.

I have been searching the Internet for days to find a therapist who can help me bring this issue out in an appropriate way. Many of the websites I've seen don't appear to be professional.

I don't want to talk to my wife without a professional present because I fear disastrous results. I love her dearly. What do you suggest? -- No Life Without Wife

Dear No Life: We suggest you contact The Society for the Second Self at Tri-ess.org and ask whether they can refer you to a therapist. You also can look online or in your phone book for a gender therapist or ask your doctor to refer you to someone.

Please don't keep your wife in the dark. She deserves to know the truth about what's going on, and she can also be a source of support.

Dear Annie: An office co-worker is getting married and she invited me to her bachelorette party. The plan was to take a limo and the cost was $60 per person. The maid of honor asked whether the price would be OK, and even though I thought it was a bit pricey, I agreed.

The day of the party, two of her friends did not show up. Two days later, the bride and her maid of honor texted the rest of us to pay an additional $20 to cover the cost of the no-shows.

I feel this request is tacky. Why am I responsible for friends who aren't reliable? And isn't this part of the cost of planning a party? You don't expect your guests to pay for food that doesn't get eaten. Why should we pay the limo costs for people who don't show up? -- Not My Problem

Dear Not: While it is expected that bachelorette party expenses be shared, it is unfair to have everyone agree to a specific amount and then change it later. The planning was done with a certain number of guests in mind, and the extra amount due should be paid by the ones who didn't show up.

However, this is a woman you work with and will have to see on a regular basis in the future. We think $20, even in installments, is a small price to pay for maintaining peace in your office environment.

Dear Annie: I have a solution for "Trapped by Nosy Nellie," who is worried that putting up a fence will reflect poorly on them. She should tell the nosy neighbor that she's considering adopting a dog and one of the requirements is a fenced yard. Problem solved. -- Dog Lover in Oregon

========

Annie's Mailbox is written by Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar, longtime editors of This Classic Annie's Mailbox column was originally published in 2015. To find out more about Classic Annie's Mailbox and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit Creators Syndicate at www.creators.com.

Brian Duffy Rudy Park Get Fuzzy Pickles Wallace The Brave Daddy's Home