1. TRUE or FALSE: The Great Lakes in North America are the largest system of fresh water lakes in the world and account for 20 percent of the earth's freshwater.
2. This lake on the border between Bolivia and Peru is the largest, by water volume, in South America, and it is fed by five river systems. Name it.
3. The Lena River in Russia, the Nile in Egypt and the Mackenzie-Peace and the Pend Oreille Rivers in Canada are just a few of the rivers around the world which share this trait. Name it.
4. Can you name the largest lake and the largest sea in the world?
5. The D River is one of the shortest rivers in the world, measuring approximately 120 feet long. Where is this river located?
2. Lake Titicaca
3. They are all north-flowing rivers.
4. The Caspian Sea is actually considered a lake, not a sea. It is the largest lake in the world. The largest sea is the Bering Sea at 876,000 sq. miles or 2,270,000 sq. kilometers.
5. The D river runs between Devil's Lake and the Pacific Ocean in Lincoln City, Ore.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.comCopyright 2013 Creators Syndicate Inc.