Last week's ranking in parenthesis.
1. Eagles 8-1 (1). They're 8-1 for fifth time in team history. The previous four times they reached the Super Bowl or NFL championship game.
2. Patriots 6-2 (2). Remember the preseason talk about 19-0? They still could be the team to beat. RB James White has been dynamic as a receiver.
3. Steelers 6-2 (3). The rest of schedule sets up nicely. After an off week, they head to Indianapolis and then five of final seven are at home.
4. Cowboys 5-3 (8). Sean Lee is the face of the defense and he and the rest of the front seven were terrific in win over Chiefs.
5. Chiefs 6-3 (5). Alex Smith was intercepted for the first time this season in loss at Dallas. He threw 298 passes between picks.
6. Rams 6-2 (6). Jared Goff completed 14 passes for 311 yards and four touchdowns in demolition of Giants to put Rams atop NFC West.
7. Saints 6-2 (7). They have rolled off six straight wins, the longest streak for the Saints since they closed the 2011 season with eight straight.
8. Vikings 6-2 (9). They reportedly will activate Teddy Bridgewater this week, and that will create debate about a change from Case Keenum.
9. Panthers 6-3 (11). Hey! They found the missing ground game. Cam Newton rushed for 86 yards and team ran for 201 total in a win over the Falcons.