From the Right

/

Politics

A French Government Agency’s Stunning COVIE-19 Stats Destroy the Official Propaganda

Rachel Marsden, Tribune Content Agency on

PARIS — Exactly how “scientific” is the COVID-19 information that we’ve been spoon-fed as justification for restrictions of basic freedoms and seemingly never-ending mandates for jabs? Can we take the official narrative at face-value and really trust that they’re “following the science”, whenever authorities tighten the screws yet again?

The issue of how much we may not be seeing of the big picture was brought to light recently here in France — and far too briefly — when the government agency responsible for information on hospitalizations published a report earlier this month on hospital activity related to COVID-19 in 2020.

What was found in the report by France’s “Technical Agency for Information on Hospitalization”, titled “Analysis of 2020 Hospital Activity”, dropped jaws and raised red flags for those who managed to hear about it in the brief time that it was discussed. And the government’s far too dismissive treatment of the surprising data published by one of its own agencies raised even more questions about the selectivity of data presented for consumption by the general public.

“During 2020, 218,000 patients were hospitalized for treatment of Covid-19. Covid patients represent 2% of all hospitalized patients during the year 2020, all hospital fields combined,” the report stated. It also added: "In 2020, Covid patients represent 5% of all patients treated in critical care units."

Those single-digit figures aren’t at all what most people in France imagine when bombarded with rhetoric evoking overwhelmed hospitals. So, what accounts for the discrepancy between this scientific data and the promoted mass perception now etched in the minds of the general public about the impact of this virus on health institutions?

Various experts and authorities were quick to step into the fray to defend the official narrative.

 

“This figure does not give the number of days of hospitalization,” said French government spokesman, Gabriel Attal.

“Is it true that ‘Covid patients’ only represented 2% of total hospitalizations in France in 2020?” asked the mainstream left-leaning newspaper, Libération, before answering. “Covid patients represented 2% of total admissions, but 4% of total hospital days in 2020. In critical care, Covid patients represented 5% of admissions, but 8% of hospital days.”

In yet another “fact check”, publicly funded state media, France Info, pointed out that the “weight” of Covid patients in intensive care represented nonetheless 19% of hospitalization days last year.

Sorry, but even the highest possibly calculable figure of 19 percent — that of intensive care days occupied by Covid patients — doesn’t jibe with the notion of overwhelmed and overflowing hospitals of which we have been incessantly reminded.

...continued

swipe to next page
 

 

Comics

Mike Lester Chris Britt Adam Zyglis Daryl Cagle Steve Benson Walt Handelsman