A Glimpse Into the Kitchen of Language
We often create words in the same way we prepare delicious foods: We slice them, dice them, season them, shake them and bake them. Voila!
Can you determine the method used to form the words in each set:
1) piano, aps, abs, sophs.
2) maudlin, tawdry, fortnight, bedlam.
3) chortle, brunch, motel, smog.
4) cuss, bust, passel, buddy.
5) burgle, enthuse, intuit, emote.
6) pea, cherry, succor, kudo.
7) laser, scuba, modem, sonar.
8) boycott, shrapnel, saxophone, sandwich.