This soup is a blank canvas for practicing your garnishing skills
1/3 cup milk
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add carrots, ginger, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a simmer and cook, over medium-low heat until carrots are very soft, about 15 minutes.
3. Process soup and milk in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Return soup to now-empty saucepan and adjust consistency with extra hot broth as needed.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve. (Soup can be refrigerated up to three days.)
Recipe notes: A handful of store-bought croutons or crispy chickpeas, a sprinkle of cilantro, and/or some sour cream or Greek yogurt add an extra layer of flavor and texture.
(For 25 years, confident cooks in the know have relied on America’s Test Kitchen for rigorously tested recipes developed by professional test cooks and vetted by 60,000 at-home recipe testers. See more online at www.americastestkitchen.com/TCA.)
©2021 America’s Test Kitchen. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.