Firefighters revived a dog after pulling it from a burning house recently in Westport, according to the Baltimore City Fire Department.
Fire crews responded to a blaze in the 2200 block of Sidney Ave. at about 9 p.m. Monday, March 4, fire department spokeswoman Blair Adams said.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, flames were visible on the second floor of a house in the middle of the block.
A man in the house escaped on his own and was taken to a hospital in serious condition due to smoke inhalation, Adams said.
Dog fire rescue
Firefighters put a pet oxygen mask on a dog after it was pulled from a house fire in Westport Monday night. (Courtesy of the Baltimore City Fire Department)
But the man wasn't the home's only occupant.
During a search of the home, firefighters found a small mutt in a middle room on the second floor. The dog was unresponsive when they carried it from the home.
inRead invented by Teads