Home & Leisure

Security camera records family dog starting fire in kitchen


Published in Cats & Dogs News

Please wait, video loading...

(UPI) A Massachusetts fire department shared a homeowner's security camera footage of a pancake-loving dog igniting a house fire.

The Southwick Fire Department posted a video to Facebook showing what happened when a family dog climbed on the stove to snatch some leftover pancakes while its owners were away.

"Unfortunately, the dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove," the post said. Within minutes you will see the item on stove begin to ignite.

Sponsored Video Stories from LifeZette

The department said the dog was rescued and the home was spared serious damage thanks to a monitored alarm system that brought emergency responders to the house.

"If you have pets or young children in the home look into safety covers for your stove controls," the Facebook post said.

Copyright 2018 by United Press International


blog comments powered by Disqus

Social Connections


Rugrats Hagar the Horrible Dinette Set The Lockhorns Wizard of Id Rudy Park