Question: We recently discovered that our 12-year-old has been visiting pornography sites of all sorts on the Internet. When we caught him red-handed, he began crying and said he is addicted. Apparently, a friend...Read More
Dear Mr. Dad: My elderly father can't take care of himself any longer and has just moved in with us. My four-year old is complaining that I'm spending more time with my dad than with her, and my 16-year old is complaining ...Read More
Q: Our son is being held back a year in school -- we feel we've failed as parents. How do we help him adjust to repeating his grade level? What should we do if the other kids start to tease him about it?
Jim: It may be ...Read More
When a tractor-trailer pulled into a New Britain, Conn., warehouse recently with 318 battery-powered, ride-on toy cars, professors Michele Dischino and James DeLaura looked as delighted as children on Christmas morning.
I am perennially asked whether I do or do not “believe” in autism. I suspect that on most occasions, it’s a test. Nonetheless, it’s a fair question that usually takes this form: “I know you don’t believe in ...Read More
Dear Mr. Dad: This summer is shaping up to be a hot one and I'm concerned that my wife and kids (and probably myself) aren't drinking enough water. How much should we be drinking and why is it so important (I need facts to...Read More
- GoBabyGo: 318 'toy' cars that will mean mobility for disabled toddlers
- Minnesota theater parents do 'anything' to support children's dreams
- Instagram and self-harm: 1 in 3 youth who see cutting images try it themselves, study suggests
- NC day care center to close, months after toddlers found on highway
- Summer weekends are hungry times for food-insecure kids, study finds