Q: I'm about to retire after a challenging but satisfying business career. I'm concerned about keeping my mind sharp now that I won't be dealing with complex details every day. Any suggestions?
Jim: As we grow older, ...Read More
Classic fairy tales have always been popular among children, but sometimes the antiquated language and settings can seem foreign. These new novels are just as magical and otherworldly while also being fresh and fast-...Read More
A few thoughts over morning coffee…
From the Feedback Department: Certain recent columns of mine have drawn a spike in reader responses, both pro and con. My comments on the fact that young teachers are and have been ...Read More
MIAMI -- "The flu" was "everywhere" last year. A Centers for Disease Control doctor cautioned that the last flu season proved to be one of the deadliest.
That's why the CDC is urging people to act now, just before the ...Read More
Dear Mr. Dad: You've talked a lot about kids and sports. Why are sports so important?
A: Kids these days have it tougher than we did when we were their age. Today's kids live in a world where social media puts every ...Read More
Q: Since my daughter became a teenager, it feels like I'm raising a little monster. I'm ashamed to say that sometimes I just want to pull away and separate from all the drama. What do you suggest?
Jim: I've got two teens ...Read More
- 'Everybody is down to not drink.' Why young people are drinking less alcohol
- Last year the flu was deadly. Here's how you can fight it now
- More than half of tech workers say they delayed kids because of soaring cost of living
- Sacramento prosecutor sought justice for dead kids and downtrodden. She's retiring after 39 years
- How kids' brains react to food may cause them to overeat, Penn State study finds