/

Why Men Should Do Their Own Laundry

Cheryl Lavin on

For most of her 23-year marriage, Carrie supported the family while Matt "chased his dreams" and "ran around like a 15-year-old."

As he got older, he became distant and started criticizing everything she did and how she looked. He would call her names.

"He once said I was the fattest mom on the block. I figured he was going through a midlife crisis. I thought I would let him figure it out."

And then, one Saturday morning, she was doing the laundry and found a Ferris wheel ticket in the pocket of Matt's pants. It said the holder could view his picture online.

She followed the instructions and saw a picture of Matt with his arm around a woman.

"I went into shock. Then I woke him up. At first, he said they were handing out the tickets at the concert he was at."

When she told him about the photo, he changed his story. He claimed they were part of a group and the others didn't want their pictures taken.

Carrie didn't believe him. She started looking for evidence of infidelity. She found an empty shoe box and receipts for a shirt and flowers.

"He had no money for groceries or to help with the kids, but he could buy new clothes and flowers and go to a carnival."

Carrie confronted Matt. "After much discussion, we decided to separate. But he claimed he wanted to work things out."

Free Range Brian Duffy Fort Knox Mike Shelton Andy Marlette Intelligent Life