/

Giving Thanks

Annie Lane on

Dear Readers: Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and joyous Thanksgiving. As we gather around the table, it is a good time to reflect on all the things that we can be thankful for. It is a time to appreciate what you have and treasure the very moments that you are spending with friends or family. Below are some of my favorite poems about gratitude. I hope you enjoy them!

"I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual." -- Henry David Thoreau

"Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life." -- Rumi

"The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest." -- William Blake

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -- Albert Einstein

"Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is." -- Ernest Hemingway, "The Old Man and the Sea"

"Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot." -- Hansa Proverb

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -- Marcel Proust

"The Harvest Moon" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"It is the Harvest Moon! On gilded vanes

Jack Ohman Pat Byrnes Aunty Acid Dan Wasserman Daryl Cagle Barney & Clyde