/

Hello to You, 2022

Annie Lane on

"Well, we have a whole new year ahead of us. And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each other, a little more loving, and have a little more empathy, and maybe, next year at this time we'd like each other a little more." -- Judy Garland

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one!" -- Brad Paisley

"And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

And for those of you who are not particularly fond of New Year's resolutions, some humor to brighten up your day:

"Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever." -- Mark Twain

"Many years ago, I made a New Year's resolution to never make New Year's resolutions. Hell, it's been the only resolution I've ever kept!" -- D.S. Mixell

========

"Ask Me Anything: A Year of Advice From Dear Annie" is out now! Annie Lane's debut book -- featuring favorite columns on love, friendship, family and etiquette -- is available as a paperback and e-book. Visit http://www.creatorspublishing.com for more information. Send your questions for Annie Lane to dearannie@creators.com.

For Heaven's Sake Lisa Benson Free Range Bob Englehart Darrin Bell Dan Wasserman