/

Finally able to wed, couples face logistics like vaccine cards or years-apart dress fittings

Alison Bowen, Chicago Tribune on

She’s trying to find a bar that requires proof of vaccination, to ensure the safest possible venue to help attendees feel most comfortable. She knows with a date just after Thanksgiving and multiple travel weekends, people might have added concerns.

“My biggest consideration is just not wanting people to feel pressure to do something outside of their comfort zone,” Brant said.

While searching, Brant found that many bars or restaurants are operating at reduced hours; finding a place open until 2 or 3 a.m. that requires vaccine proof hasn’t been easy.

“It should be easy to plan a party at a bar in Chicago, but that’s not been the case,” she said.

Wedding planners, also at the center of these storms, say weddings are now a flurry of checking vaccination status.

Amy Harloe, owner at Happily Ever After, said a maid of honor or best man now faces similar challenges to planners.

“I can 100% say that things are getting trickier now for planners related to COVID and weddings,” she said.

She now tracks RSVPs alongside vaccination requirements and entree selections or dietary restrictions.

Some clients are relaxed about mandates; others require all guests to send proof of vaccination to her in order to attend. “It’s a whole new layer of tracking,” she said.

Amid ever-changing COVID-19 restrictions, many clients are collecting guests’ vaccine information in case Chicago begins to require it, said Lori Stephenson, owner of LOLA Event Productions. She said they have been including over-the-counter tests in the welcome bags for out-of-town guests.

©2021 Chicago Tribune. Visit at chicagotribune.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.