/

Mystery anxiety over brother's wedding

I have my own family and kid now, and wouldn't change that for anything, but I still look back fondly on the time when we were all adults, but still the primary family group, since until I was in my 20s that was the only family I had known.

-- Sib

Re: Wedding:

I, too, was anxious about my brother's wedding. I liked my future sister-in-law, the wedding logistics were easy, I was glad he found a partner, they were good together. It took me a while to figure that I just didn't like that he was getting married because it was changing the family dynamics. My family is close and there was going to be a NEW PERSON. We weren't kids anymore.

That was 30 years ago and now I'm thrilled she is part of the family. My advice is, since you know intellectually that it's good, fake it till you make it.

-- Anxious

Re: Mystery wedding nerves:

If she's a regular Hax reader, she knows that weddings often bring misery, pain and chaos. I don't blame her for being nervous.

-- Anonymous

We have a winner. Thanks, everybody.

========

Email Carolyn at tellme@washpost.com, follow her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/carolyn.hax or chat with her online at noon Eastern time each Friday at www.washingtonpost.com.

(c) 2017, Washington Post Writers Group

Rubes Dinette Set For Better or For Worse Dilbert Garfield Bizarro