/

Ask Amy: Dating apps beget ‘situationship’

When the pandemic began, I texted him to check in and make sure he was OK and received nothing back.

I honestly worry about something happening to him before we can at least talk.

It would destroy me if anything happened to him.

I definitely enjoy my life better when they aren't around, and yet I worry and miss them.

I know my brother and sister-in-law still hate me (no surprise there), yet I'm honestly so confused and hurt as to why my father hasn't even tried to contact me in any way.

Should I try again?

– Estranged Daughter

Dear Daughter: Sending one text at the beginning of a global pandemic does not qualify as making an effort to heal a breech that you seem to have initiated.

Losing your mother at a relatively young age must have been truly devastating to you. Surely it was deeply upsetting to witness your father engaging in a new relationship with someone you claim your mother disliked.

However, this is your burden to bear. Your father has the right to find a new partner. It is not your brother or his wife’s fault or responsibility that your father took up with this woman.

Rose is Rose David Fitzsimmons Al Goodwyn Candorville Christopher Weyant Curtis