/

Ask Amy: A broken couple pretends to be ‘whole’

People throw tantrums when they are extremely uncomfortable or freaked out by the truth.

Now that you have endured this challenge, you might say, “I care about you too much to enable you or lie to you but even if you reject my input, I want you to know that I’ll never stop caring.” But do stop interfering.

Dear Amy: I was so disappointed in your response to “Upset Guest,” whose hosts did not offer him as much as a cup of water during his stay. You seemed to blame him for their rudeness!

I believe in hospitality – but then again, I am a Southerner.

– Proud

Dear Proud: Without question, these hosts were extremely inhospitable. I tried to offer suggestions to “Upset Guest” for ways to prepare for this unhappy possibility.

========

(You can email Amy Dickinson at askamy@amydickinson.com or send a letter to Ask Amy, P.O. Box 194, Freeville, NY 13068. You can also follow her on Twitter @askingamy or Facebook.)

©2021 Amy Dickinson. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Tim Campbell Momma Daryl Cagle Mike Smith Nate Beeler Peter Kuper