/

Ask Amy: Polyamory creates an extra family challenge

Dear Dyeing: Your husband seems to be open with you about his hair habit. The pandemic has inspired many people to let their hair grow out naturally, and it really is the ideal time to do this.

Call this a true “silver lining.”

Tell your husband, “Honey, this might be the perfect time for you to assume your identity as the original ‘silver fox.’ I’m willing to risk how attracted other people will be to you, if you want to give it a try.”

There are some fun apps that will let people experiment virtually with how they’d look with a different hair color. Your husband could start there.

Dear Amy: As a family physician of more than 40 years, let me point out what I consider an important distinction to your reply to “Concerned,” who was struggling with obesity.

You suggested a “nutritionist.” I would suggest a registered dietician.

RDs are an important part of the health care team.

They have four to eight years of education and have passed the standard CDR exam of the Commission on Dietetic Registration.

They are licensed/registered in most states. In contrast, anyone can hang out a shingle and call themselves a “nutritionist” without any training.

— Ken Levites, MD

Dear Dr. Levites: Thank you for prompting this clarification.

========

(You can email Amy Dickinson at askamy@amydickinson.com or send a letter to Ask Amy, P.O. Box 194, Freeville, NY 13068. You can also follow her on Twitter @askingamy or Facebook.)

©2021 Amy Dickinson. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Dogs of C-Kennel John Branch Rose is Rose Monte Wolverton RJ Matson Reply All