/

Older woman thinks she is a Mrs. Robinson

By Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

Dear Amy: I am a 53-year-old, never-married woman. I keep in shape, and I'm often told that I'm beautiful.

I've had several relationships over the years but never found "the one" guy I wanted to marry.

Six months ago, I met a very interesting and intelligent man. I am falling hard for him.

Here's the issue: He is 29 years old -- 24 years younger than me.

He is very mature, and I don't feel the difference in age when we are together.

My friends are horrified and remind me that he's young enough to be my son. They tell me it's inappropriate and urge me to be realistic about any future with him.

Sponsored Video Stories

He has told me that someday he does want to settle down and have children with a wife (obviously, because I am beyond child-bearing years, it won't be me).

Do you think our age difference is OK for now -- or is it totally inappropriate? I understand his long-term plan, but I am enjoying the present and try not to think about the future.

All that said, do you find he's not age-appropriate for me? What is the cut off relationship age for a 53-year-old woman?

-- Mrs. Robinson

Shoe Doonesbury Strange Brew Heathcliff Boondocks Family Circus