Life Advice


Health & Spirit

Troubled teen can't seem to forgive

By Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

How can I convince her to try again?

I know I can go very slowly, if that is the only way we can date. She is certainly worth it to me. What should I do?

-- Sad & Lonely

Dear Lonely: Now is the time to prove to this woman how slowly you can go, by backing off entirely. You absolutely must respect her choice here. If she is interested, she will contact you.

Dear Amy: Like others, I thought you dropped the ball with your response to "Sober Sally." Her mother-in-law is obviously an alcoholic, and the baby should never be alone with her.

Sponsored Video Stories from LifeZette

-- Been There

Dear Been There: I urged this mother to advocate for her baby in every way. I agree with others that merely asking the mother-in-law not to drink is no guarantee that she will be sober.


(You can contact Amy Dickinson via email: Readers may send postal mail to Amy Dickinson, c/o Tribune Content Agency, 16650 Westgrove Drive, Suite 175, Addison, Texas, 75001. You can also follow her on Twitter @askingamy or "like" her on Facebook.)



blog comments powered by Disqus

Social Connections


Wee Pals Working it Out Red and Rover Shoe Reply All Hi and Lois