/

Sudden plan to move ties partner in knots

By Amy Dickinson, Tribune Content Agency on

It seems that she has been fairly open with you about her goals.

An ultimatum would go like this: "Either you move with me on my timetable, or we break up."

This scenario seems more like, "I have made a plan to move. I'd like you to come, too, but I will go, regardless."

She seems to have instigated the particulars of her plan without telling you, and that is hurtful. However, you've only been together for 10 months. At this relationship stage, each of you must act first on your own behalf, even if this results in a painful separation.

You should take your cue from your girlfriend's commitment to her own personal and professional interests. Go -- or don't go -- on your own timetable. Some separation will help to clarify things for both of you, and if she moves first and establishes a beachhead, you may choose to follow. But don't do it for her -- do it for yourself.

Dear Amy: I recently returned to my "regular" hairstylist after a five month break over the summer.

When my visit was finishing up, she pointed out that "someone" had taken a lock of my hair, near the crown of my head (I wear my hair long), but she attested it wasn't her. I have no idea how this could have happened, and laughed it off with a lame DNA sampling theory.

She was the only person near my head with scissors. When I shampooed my hair after this visit, this shorter hair was quite noticeable. There is no way I would not have noticed it if it had been cut before my visit. The more I think about this, the angrier I become.

I have never tried to negotiate a lower price, though it often seemed to be inconsistent to the price that is published, and I have always tipped well.

Should I tell the salon owner why I am never coming back, or should I say something to this stylist?

The Barn BC Archie Steve Breen Herb and Jamaal Mother Goose & Grimm